The commute. The food. The chronic cardio. The ridiculous schedule. The stress. The clutter. Back in 2011 we were in a very different place, struggling with what life was throwing at us. We had let ourselves get out of shape, were dealing with a variety of health issues, and were chasing careers that were making us miserable. We knew things had to change.
So we changed.
We changed our diet, our approach to training, our jobs, our cosmetics and our priorities. We read, cut down on our obligations, made time for the things and people we loved, mercilessly de-cluttered our house, and made plans to help people do the same.
Live Simple is here to help you live a simpler, healthier life. That could be through reading and participating in the blog, using the site as a springboard to making your own changes, or having Personal Training or Pilates sessions with us. The choice is yours.
Where to start
- Interested in Paleo? Read our beginner’s guide
- Want to get cracking with decluttering? Find out how to do it
- Interested in more about the beginnings of Live Simple? Read Keith’s story or find out how Angela took control of her health
- Looking to quit your job and find your passion? We can help
- Want to read over 100 blogs from start to finish? Super! You can start right at the beginning
Live Simple could mean different things to different people. It might be beginning a path to a new, fulfilling and meaningful career. It might be decluttering your house. It might be training with us to become fitter, stronger and to take control of your health.
But, if we had to sum up what Live Simple is, this is how we’d do it:
We eat real food.
We train in the way our ancestors trained – outdoors when possible, lifting heavy stuff, walking a lot, and sprinting occasionally.
We add in scientifically backed ideas from the modern world to be the best possible versions of ourselves.
We continue to declutter our house, as we strive to own little and minimise the stuff in our life as best we can. The best things in life are not things.
We try our best to be as sustainable as possible, always with an eye on our impact on the planet.
We try to reduce our exposure to chemicals as much as possible, making our own cleaning and personal care products our of natural substances.
We try to live in the moment. The past has gone, the future doesn’t exist yet.
We focus on the simple things in life for enjoyment, like a game of cards, a good book, a glass of red wine, or dinner with friends.
We laugh as much as possible.
We try to avoid light stimulation in the evenings to allow us to have high quality sleep.
We aim for as much sleep as we can get at night, knowing that it’s fundamental to health and longevity.
We are not afraid to admit when we’re wrong, or adjust our thinking as we continuously learn and grow.
While we’re always learning, we’re not striving for perfection. We’re just trying to be a little bit wiser tomorrow than we were yesterday.
We don’t define success based on money and status, instead focusing on free time, making a difference and living a meaningful life.
- ~ Ilse FullartonWhen I started Pilates sessions with Angela, I was struggling with core strength and posture. Angela took great care to understand the root of my physical difficulties and plan our sessions according to what she observed and how movements felt for me. Angela makes me feel relaxed and welcome in her home, and encourages me to 'switch off' from the busy week I've had, and take some time to focus on 'me'. I look forward to our weekly lessons as a chance to unwind (physically and mentally!), but also to know that I'm exercising in a supportive, calm and low-pressured environment.It was clear from our very first session that Angela has great depth in her knowledge of the body. She explains everything clearly and has designed thorough sessions to improve my posture, flexibility and core strength in order to improve issues I had with my back. Since attending one to one sessions, I feel more confident to adjust my posture and genuinely think my core has become a lot stronger. I would thoroughly recommend anyone to try Pilates sessions with Angela.
- I really enjoy my training sessions with Keith - I learn a huge amount, and not just about the training, but also the other options you have to change your lifestyle. I have made massive progress - Keith is a natural trainer.~ Jon Tracey
- ~ Lorne HopeThe guidance from Keith was just what I needed. I was tired of my old gym routine and my motivation was gone. Keith has introduced me to a different way of training that is easy to fit in around a busy week and most importantly is a lot of fun. I always enjoy his sessions. And if you want to change the way you eat to boost energy and mood he is the guy to go to, full of good advice.